A property located along Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos where popular singer, Banky W, lives has been destroyed by fire.
According to Punch, the fire started at about 6:30am this morning and could not be put out until men of the fire service arrived one hour later.
Sources who say they were present at the scene allege that the fire outbreak was sparked by a faulty air conditioner. Quickly the fire spread, consuming valuable properties including the singer’s award plaques.
“The fire started around 6am and all of us came out to assist Banky in putting out the fire. However, fire service officials arrived around 7.30. So many items were destroyed including Banky’s awards,” a resident told Punch.
This sad news comes hours after the EME boss, who starred in the hit movie, Wedding Party, took to his Instagram to draw awareness on Gender Equality. Banky W is yet to surface on social media to confirm or refute this report.
Another star who suffered a similar tragedy was actress Kate Henshaw, whose Lekki home burned to the ground in 2015.