No Retreat, No Surrender: Boko Haram Vows to Continue Fighting


Boko-Haram

Violent Islamist sect, Boko Haram, released a new video on Friday vowing to continue fighting. The video was apparently a reaction to an earlier video by the group’s leader, Abubakar Shekau, where he appeared to be suing for peace. You can raed about that HERE

However, in the new video, Boko Haram maintained it was still a potent fighting force. Fighters of the sect were seen brandishing AK47 assault rifles in front of Toyota Hilux pick-up trucks and a lorry mounted with a military cannon.

“You should know that there is no truce, there is no negotiations, there is no surrender,” an unidentified masked man wearing camouflage said in a prepared script in Hausa, in the video posted on YouTube.

“This war between us will not stop,” he added.

The video, which included Arabic subtitles, featured nine masked Boko Haram fighters standing on sandy ground in an undisclosed  location.

It is unclear if the masked people in the video include the Boko Haram leader. Shekau was still the head of the “West African wing”, said the masked man in the video, likening Boko Haram to the Islamist insurgencies in Iraq, Libya and Syria.

In March 2015, Boko Haram pledged allegiance to the Islamic State. Nigeria’s army has since then won back swathes of territory from the militants, liberating thousands living under Boko Haram control.

Source:  Vanguard


DG Media

Can't remember who i stole this bio from or why

Latest Articles

Comments 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.